Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learing Journey: In The Beginning

                                                The Legend Of New Zealand
Monday 17/12/18

Today I have done the first activity for the Summer Learnings Journey. We had to read the history of New Zealand and read some facts about New Zealand and put them in our own words.
Here they are:

1. Did you know the Maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa? Aotearoa means the land of the white cloud.

2. New Zealand has zero snakes in the country!

3. Did you know 30% of New Zealand is forest?



By Aamaria 😎

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aamaria

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey for the 2018 summer. My name is Allie and I am the cluster manager for Toki Pounamu. I will be commenting on your blog over the summer.
    I really enjoyed reading your first post. You have done a fantastic job with it. Thank you for putting this task into your own words.

    We live in a really cool place, New Zealand has so many things to see and do. I am so happy that we do not have snakes in NZ. I really don't like snakes!! How about you?
    I also like that Aotearoa is the land of the long white cloud. Because when you see NZ on a weather map we do look like a big cloud!

    I am looking forward to reading your blog over the summer and all your activities.

    Well done and keep up the great work!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.